This handsome 1950s Elgin wristwatch features a gold-tone case with a black leather strap, a stainless steel back, and a 10k rgp bezel. The original corrugated dial features Gold-tone Arabic numerals with original gold-tone hands and a subdial for seconds at 6 o'clock.
- Mechanical, USA, 17 jewels
- Caliber: 683
- 33.0mm diameter
- 34.0mm diameter (with crown)
- 40.5mm lug-to-lug
This Vintage Timepiece:
- is running.
- is in pre-owned condition.
- comes without the original box and papers.
- is guaranteed to be authentic.
- The crystal is in good condition (please refer to the photographs).
The Elgin National Watch Co developed an iconic American brand during its 100 years of operation. Not all Elgins were made in the USA during its later years, but those that were are classic examples of American grit and ingenuity and some of the purest forms of 20th Century Americana.