This handsome and rare 1960s Benrus wristwatch features a gold-tone case with a matching bracelet and a stainless steel back. The bezel is 20 micron gold electroplate. The original dial features gold-tone hour marks with original gold-tone hands. There is a calendar window at 3 o'clock.
- Mechanical, Swiss, 17 jewels
- 34.0mm diameter
- 35.5mm diameter (with crown)
- 40.5mm lug-to-lug
This Vintage Timepiece:
- is running.
- is in pre-owned condition (please refer to the photographs).
- comes without the original box and papers.
- is guaranteed to be authentic.
- The crystal is in good condition (please refer to the photographs).
The Benrus Watch Co was founded in New York City in 1921 by Benjamin Lazarus and his brothers. By mid-century the company would be known for their high quality imported Swiss movements, their work for the military during WWII, their ad campaign with Jerry Lewis, and a failed takeover attempt of the Hamilton Watch Co. Benrus was one of the largest watch companies in the U.S. at the time.